The impact of locating Great British Railways in Derby, and away from London, would be transformational for the city, it’s citizens and the wider Levelling Up agenda.
- As a city with one of the lowest concentrations of UK civil servants, it would address the recent omission of Derby from Government relocations out of Whitehall
- As the strategic and service heart of the railway it would facilitate public and private sector partnerships to accelerate the delivery of cost-effective rail sector innovation and growth as envisaged by the Williams-Shapps Plan for Rail
- It would encourage rail-related overseas investment into the East Midlands region, as well as acting as the central location for the UK to showcase our rail expertise across the world
- For young people in the East Midlands and throughout the UK, it will promote the diverse range of skills and disciplines that makes today’s railway an exciting place to work
- Located alongside major players in the automotive and aerospace sectors, it will create a Midlands-wide transport ecosystem with a global reach.